Holy keto batman! SO MANY people are curious about how I’m eating right now! I don’t like to label how I eat–so I’ll say I’m ketoISH. I feel good eating high fat, so I’m going with it! I don’t follow food rules, I don’t obsess, and I eat what I want when I’m hungry.
If you’re new to Keto, start with this post.
So what fats am I eating? What are the RIGHT fats you should eat on Keto?
There IS a difference between good fats and bad fats–but probably not what you’ve been taught. Most of us have been taught to fear the cholesterol in eggs and that saturated fats are BAD.
Here’s a list of fats to enjoy on Keto:
- Nuts and seeds like macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, etc. I recommend eating raw, unsalted nuts. Macadamia nuts have the highest fat content!
- Whole eggs (I typically eat 3 whole eggs/day)
- Full fat cheese
- Grass fed beef/lamb (get a subscription to Butcher Box!)
- Wild salmon
- Grass fed butter
- MCT oil
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Organic heavy cream (this is SO GOOD in Shakeology!!)
- Cream cheese
- Palm oil
My Keto Guide is here!!!
I’m SO excited to share it with you! It has several meal plans, recipes (lots of fat bombs!), plateau busting tips, how to calculate your macros and a LOT more! Basically, it’s an all-encompassing guide for starting keto!
Fats to AVOID on Keto:
- Trans fats!
- Processed vegetable oils like canola oil, safflower oil, soybean oil, grapeseed oil, and corn oil
- Conventional meat (always get grass fed grass finished)
Since I’ve had so much interested in Keto, I’ve decided to do a free 5-day keto challenge starting on May 15th! Join us!
What’s YOUR fave way to get those fats in?? I’m alllll about those fat bombs!!
“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” Tony Robbins