Healthy Pregnancy Snack Ideas
Throughout your pregnancy, you will hear about the importance of eating balanced, nutritious meals to keep you and your baby in optimal health, but eating mindfully shouldn’t apply to just breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Here are some healthy and delicious snacks that will keep you feeling satisfied between meals. These are just a few ideas, hopefully they will inspire you to try new things!
These snacks are great when you’re pregnant or not. They all contain some kind of protein and fiber to keep you satisfied longer!
1. Hummus with veggies, any cut up veggie will do, I usually use bell peppers! You can make the hummus yourself following this recipe, or you can buy it at the store. Just make sure to check the ingredients to make sure they haven’t added anything that shouldn’t be in there!
2. Apple with almond butter, can substitute peanut butter if you don’t have almond butter. Buy your fruits and veggies organic when possible!
3. Edamame, sprinkle with Himalayan salt instead of regular table salt!
4. Greek yogurt and berries, any berries will do!
5. Protein smoothie (or Shakeology), my standard protein smoothie consists of 1-2 cups almond milk, 1 scoop Sunwarrior protein powder, 1 cup of frozen fruit (strawberries, banana, etc.)
6. Guacamole with cut up veggies
7. Hard boiled eggs and a piece of fruit
I hope these healthy snack ideas will help you fuel your pregnancy! I know I’ve been getting REALLY hungry so I always have some kind of snack with me, just in case =)