I. LOVE. BROWNIES. They’re my all time favorite food. Yes, brownies are a main food group (in my opinion). My hubby loves them too, and he loves the boxed kind that’s full of sugar and other crap…and I caught myself sneaking a few (or WAY) too many bites of his brownies! Eeeep! What’s a brownie loving girl to do?! Make a healthier, but still incredibly tasty, brownie.
These are AMAZING…these brownies are PALEO…meaning there is NO gluten in them. Why do I prefer these to regular brownies? Many reasons…but mostly because there is so much dense nutrition packed into these that they are a lot harder to overeat! These are NOT low cal…but they are wonderful for a special treat and you’ll feel good knowing that all of the ingredients are squeaky clean =)
Voila…. a paleo brownie recipe =)
- 1 cup almond meal (flour)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8X8 pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl add all dry ingredients and combine.
- In a small bowl beat eggs then add melted coconut oil and the rest of the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and thoroughly incorporate.
- Spoon mixture into greased pan and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (times may vary depending on your oven, mine took about 25 minutes).
- Once done let cool in pan for about 5-10 minutes (if you can wait that long ;))