A lot of people have left over sweet potato after Thanksgiving…why not use them to make pancakes?! These Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes are awesome–and super easy to make.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato (about 100 grams)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs stevia in the raw (or sugar--or to taste)
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined
- Spray pan with non stick spray
- Pour batter into pan--it should make 3 regular size pancakes or two big ones
- When little bubbles start to form on top of the batter, flip pancakes
- Continue to cook for about another minute
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings! I topped mine with coconut oil, stevia and cinnamon =)
- If the batter is too thick--add some almond milk to it to thin it out to your desired consistency.
Did this help you? If so, I would really appreciate it if you comment below and share on Facebook!
“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” Tony Robbins