Are you stuck at a weight loss plateau? In this video, I’m going to share with you 3 tips to bust through that weight loss plateau!
Plateaus are normal! Your body wants homeostasis—and is fighting to get to a certain set point weight. In order to break a plateau, you’ve gotta trick the body a bit.
How To Break a Weight Loss Plateau Tip #1:
Switch up your macros and/or calories. Sometimes people hit plateaus because they don’t realize they are WAY over their calories, or even that they aren’t eating enough. Try tracking your calories for a week and see where you’re at, then possibly switch up your caloric intake and/or macros. I go over how to do this thoroughly in Keto(ish)!
How To Break a Weight Loss Plateau Tip #2:
Focus on your cortisol. Cortisol is known as the primary stress hormone. When cortisol levels are elevated, it can cause our bodies to store excess fat or make it hard to lose weight. After I had TJ I was stressed out, I wasn’t sleeping much, and I was drinking coffee and pre-workout drinks all day and then had wine most nights. This made my cortisol spike and caused adrenal fatigue and a 30-pound weight gain.
You can lower your cortisol levels by:
- Limiting yourself to 1 cup of coffee/day or switch to tea
- Cutting back on wine (1 drink/week)
- Eating the foods listed in this guide, avoid sugar, grains, and processed foods
- Doing low-intensity workouts. High-intensity workouts like running, plyometrics, or intense weight training can actually increase cortisol levels. You can walk, do yoga, or my fave, PiYo.
- Meditating daily. If you don’t have 10 minutes to meditate each day, you don’t have a life!! Download the app Calm or Headspace and commit to just 7 days of meditation. Promise it will help!
- Getting some rest!! Go to bed earlier (put electronics away an hour or two before bed) and let yourself sleep in.
How To Break a Weight Loss Plateau Tip #3: Try Intermittent Fasting!
Essentially eating within a condensed window helps you burn body fat and help you bust that plateau. Check out this video that I did about intermittent fasting and its benefits.
The question of the day: Which one of these tips will you try?
Thanks for checking out this post! Do you know someone who’s stuck at a plateau? Be sure to share this with them!
“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” Tony Robbins
PS. If you liked this post, be sure to join my free online workshop and learn how to lose weight without dieting!
If you enjoyed this post on How To Break a Weight Loss Plateau: 3 Tips to Bust a Weight Loss Plateau, retweet and comment please =)